Every Dollar Counts
How would you feel if you stopped at a red traffic light and street children swarmed your car begging for money? Would you feel angry? Disgusted? Distressed?
And how would you respond to their plea? Would you stare forward and ignore them? Silently wave them away? If compassion got the better of you, would you give them a bit of spare change to help make a difference to their day?
Wouldn’t you rather help make a difference to their lives?
You can – by donating just $5 or 5 Euro (or R50) a month to The Salesian Institute Youth Projects.
The Salesian Institute Youth Projects help change the lives of hundreds of Cape Town’s at-risk children and young adults every year. Through job training, education and life skills development, these broken and desperate young people learn discipline, motivation and self-respect. They are given the guidance and support they need to get on with their lives – at home, at school and at work.
For a minimum monthly debit order donation of just $5, 5 Euro or R50 a month – the price of a hamburger – you can help to provide an ever-growing number of vulnerable youth with the care, guidance and skills that they need to grow into confident, productive adults.
Please complete the debit order authorisation form and fax or mail it to us today. Your spare change can make a difference – for a lifetime.
A heartfelt thank you from the children and youth of the Salesian Institute Youth Projects
Please complete the debit order authorisation form in the amount of just $5/R50 per month and fax, email or mail it to:
Salesian Institute Youth Projects
P.O. Box 870
Green Point, Cape Town 8001
Fax: +27 (0) 21 419 1312
Telephone: +27 (0) 21 425 1450
Yes – Just $5 a month can make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and youth at risk
In thanks for your support of the Salesian Institute Street Youth Projects you will receive:
- A detailed description of our four Youth Projects
- Salesian Outreach Programme – an outreach programme targeted at vulnerable children and youth at risk living in disadvantaged communities in and around Cape Town
- The Youth Employment Skills project (YES) – life skills and vocational training assistance offered to youth seeking employment
- The Waves of Change Skills project (WOC) – life skills training and assistance offered to youth seeking employment in the fishing industry
- The Learn-to-Live School of Skills – an educational training programme targeted at youth not coping with mainstream schooling.
- A quarterly newsletter with updates on all our projects.
You are always welcome to come in and tour our facility, ask questions about our projects and, of course, meet our students, residents and staff. We would love to thank you in person for your support.